Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tackling White Privilege - Taki's Magazine

t only takes a second to realize I’m doing better than others because of privilege. Doye. However, to apply this logic to others is insane. Asians face all kinds of racism and have no privileges. The fact that they’re doing better than every other group means they’re simply better. White people suck.

I would like to take a moment to deeply apologize to all our Asian readers and also to all our racially aware readers. In particular, I’d like to thank the student at Berkeley who pointed out how similar my essay was to Peggy McIntosh’s “Invisible Knapsack.” That one was a wake-up call.

“If whites accomplish too much, they probably cheated. If anyone else succeeds, it’s due to hard work.”
In fact, after going over my “Tackling Asian Privilege” essay, I realized the whole thing ceased to be offensive when I subbed out the word “Asian” for “white.”

Check it out…

Please share this article by using the link below. When you cut and paste an article, Taki's Magazine misses out on traffic, and our writers don't get paid for their work. Email editors@takimag.com to buy additional rights. http://takimag.com/article/tackling_white_privilege_gavin_mcinnes/print#ixzz2NXGgpzhd

Tackling White Privilege - Taki's Magazine

No comments: